It’s Easter weekend and the best part is all the chocolate and hot cross bun indulging about to commence! Hot cross buns are available at every outlet you can possibly find and it’s the perfect opportunity to take advantage of it, by making use of them in various, tasty ways.
Have you every tried replacing regular rolls for burgers with hot cross buns? You’d be surprised at how well they work! Here’s a delicious curried tuna fishcake recipe that should definitely feature somewhere along your Easter weekend.
CURRIED TUNA FISHCAKE BURGERS
- 300 g tinned tuna, drained
- half an onion, finely chopped
- 15 ml curry powder
- 20 ml fresh coriander, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 45 ml self-raising flour
- 2 eggs
- buckwheat flour for dusting
- oil for frying
- 1 lemon
- good quality mayonnaise
- fresh chopped parsley
- tomatoes and fresh spinach
- 4 hot cross buns
- To make the fishcakes, combine the tuna, onion, coriander, curry powder and seasoning in a bowl.
- Add the eggs and self-raising flour – mix well.
- Loosely shape small fishcakes and dust them with buckwheat flour.
- Heat about half a cup of vegetable oil and shallow fry the fishcakes until golden on both sides. Drain on absorbent kitchen towel.
- In the meantime, slice open the hot cross buns and lightly toast the cut sides.
- Mix the chopped parsley and mayonnaise together; add a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Arrange the burgers and add some greenery and tomatoes.
- Enjoy with sweet potato wedges or matchstick fries.
These fishcakes are delicious added to a green salad; toast chunks of hot cross buns to use as croutons.
Have a scrumptious Easter!